Inmate Bonding Procedures
The following procedures may be used to bond an arrested person out of the Rockdale County Jail
All property bonds will be accepted during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays.
For a property bond, the property must be improved real estate, (mobile homes are not considered improved real estate) located in Rockdale County. To post a property bond on a property located in another county, the property owner must go to the Sheriff’s Office in the county where the property is located and request an out-of-county bond
- If the property is in Rockdale County, every person listed on the deed must come to the Rockdale County Jail to sign the bonding paperwork.
- The Security shall provide a warranty deed or quit claim deed to substantiate ownership and current real estate tax receipt (fees must be paid up to date). In addition, a current mortgage statement shall be provided for the purpose of calculating equity.
- The equity in the real estate must be double the value of the bond, and all owners of record (those shown on the deed) must sign the affidavit on the bond in the presence of the deputy writing the bond. If one of the securities is deceased, a death certificate for the deceased is required.
- If the property has been paid in full, documentation must be provided, such as a Debt Cancellation Record. If a Debt Cancellation Record is unavailable, a title search must be provided. A title search must be provided for bonds $25,000 or more. The title search must be completed within (5) business days from the date of processing the bond and it must be completed by a licensed attorney in good standing.
- There is a $20 cash bond fee, exact change, upon submission of bond.
- Other agencies may require certain administrative fees or other requirements before a property bond will be issued.
- Out of County Property Bonds shall adhere to the standard policy and procedure of Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office.
To post a cash bond, payment may be made by cash, or a cashier’s check equal to the total amount of the bond.
Cash Bonds for the City of Conyers must be paid directly to Municipal Court at 1194 Scott Street, Street Conyers GA 30012
Professional Bonding Companies:
Bonding companies charge a fee of up to 15 percent of the total amount of the bond. The following is a list of bonding companies currently authorized to write bonds for the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office.
The Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office makes no recommendations concerning the use of professional bonding companies.
|CALL & GO BONDING COMPANY
P.O Box 2325
|JOE RAY BONDING COMPANY
292 Buford Dr.
|PAT’S BONDING COMPANY
P.O Box 964
|RELIABLE BONDING COMPANY
P.O Box 1105
|ROCKDALE BAIL BONDS
|1965 Sigman Rd., Suite 101
Online Bond Payments:
Bonds may be paid online through the following vendors:
1. GovPayNet https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/6347
Payment Location Code for Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office is # 6347
2. Cash Bond Online http://www.cashbondonline.com
The surety may be relieved from the bond at any time, which can be accomplished by delivering the person to the Rockdale County Jail or while the inmate is detained in our custody on unrelated charges by completing the necessary Bond Surrender Form.
The Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office /Jail Division does not process any bond refunds. Once a case has been settled and disposed of all concerns regarding refunds or bond returns contact the Rockdale County Clerk of Courts at (770) 278-7900, 922 Court Street NE, Conyers, GA 30012